Civil society work
Aside of my academic work, I have nearly two decades of experience in working with civil society organizations in the Balkans. Most recently, as of 2014, I am a co-founder and one of the program directors of the think tank Institute for Research – Impact, while in 2017 I co-founded the civil society organization Stella, which focuses on issues of gender equality.
My civil society work over the years has primarily been in two directions: developing programs for social cohesion, specifically targeting youth and women in divided societies, and providing evidence-based policy recommendations for inclusive and democratic societies.
Policy papers and related publications
- “Towards Gender Equality: Challenges and Perspectives for Academic and Professional Development of Women and Girls.” Skopje: Institute for Research – Impact, 2019.
- “Citizens’ Participation in Local-level Policy- and Decision-making: Comparative Analysis of the Southeast Planning Region.” Skopje: Institute for Research – Impact, 2018.
- “Women and Labor Unions: Representation and Workers’ Rights in the Republic of Macedonia.” Skopje: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Southeast Europe, 2016 [with Marija Bashevska].
- “Between a Fading Hegemon and the Quest for Radical Democracy: Two Crises in Macedonia.” Razpotja Journal 20 (2015): 50-54.
- “Ensuring Political Representation in a Restructured Bosnia and Herzegovina.” In CORE Policy Brief Series. Oslo: Peace Research Institute Oslo, 2013.
- “What Happens after the Mandate Completion: Evaluating Outcome Sustainability of ESDP Police Missions in the Balkans.” In IEP Policy Papers. Berlin: Institut für Europäische Politik, 2010.
- “The Role of Local Ownership in ESDP Police Missions in the Western Balkans: Catch 22?” CFSP Forum 8: 4 (2010).